Empowering Leaders to DARE
“If you DARE to live authentically, there are almost no limits to what you can achieve. Dare to be authentic in all aspects of life and leadership while simultaneously respecting others and make a legendary difference: You master easily challenges in an international environment and turn companies into global champions increasing share value through creating shared value.”
- 77% of all employees do not trust their managers
- 63% do not believe in what leaders say
- 83% believe that managers work just for their own benefit
- Less than 40% of the workforce is truly committed or connected to their boss or company
International managers are stuck in a credibility crisis. At the same time humanity faces the biggest challenge in its history: a global economy that is outgrowing the capacity of the earth to support it.
What guarantees sustainable business success in the 21st century, especially within a globalized world where intercultural & interpersonal barriers exacerbate the challenges?
More than 20 years ago I was asked to run a M500 US$ project because my boss had died in an airplane crash. From the very beginning I faced criticism, envy and resentment. My lack of experience forced me to find a personal way of meeting the most important requirements of effective leaders:
- Earning trust
- Building up a high degree of credibility
- Igniting the fire inside my team, in order to successfully cope with an enormous challenge
In the course of running a gigantic project I started to live a specific consciousness of leadership characterized by the courage to be fully authentic in all aspects of life and leadership, to believe in myself and to live up to my personal principles and values with total determination. All this opened the door to mutual trust, collaboration, and last but not least, to attaining sweeping business success while simultaneously maximizing shared value. As a consequence we did not only complete the project on time and budget but also cut cost by nearly M50 US$.
Key finding for the 21st century
My most important key finding at this point in time was: The courage to live up to a leadership style driven by authenticity and appreciation for others did not only result in a maximum profit but also showed me its power of coping with some of the most demanding challenges we as leaders and human beings face in the 21st century.
As a consequence I applied repeatedly my success principles and this specific leadership consciousness over more than 2 decades in over 25 different countries so as to successfully run multi-billion Dollar infrastructure projects, restructure hopeless ventures in complex emerging markets like India or settling intractable conflicts.
While condensing my key principles, lessons and international management experience into 6 relevant key competencies blended with a consciousness of leadership powered by authenticity I have dedicated my life to:
- Empowering leaders to DARE so that they attain overwhelming success while entering into new emerging markets, running complex projects or shaping outstandig personalities in an international environment
- Turning companies into global champions maximizing share value through creating shared value